Flight Rising RP Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closed to KingOfEli

2 posters

Go down

Closed to KingOfEli Empty Closed to KingOfEli

Post by khalyeezy Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:37 am

One might of thought such a small dragon would have a comparatively easier time getting through the brambles of the Tangled Woods than the giants that accompanied him, but he caught himself on every vine and bramble on the way thanks to the uncontrolled darting about he continued to do on the way to the site.

Now Robert was forced to stay still in the area so kindly given to them by the clan this territory belonged to. Samedi and Starfall had set up the compact telescope ages ago and now Samedi was putting in the final touches to get the right magnification while Starfall recited calculations on the likely distance and time the celestial event was bound to happen. Robert rested to get his energy up to stay awake after their flight for this. He took the time to look at the wonders of the dense bramble about them. Glowing dots from luminescent fungi peppered the darkness of the woods around them. While he could tell the difference, if he blurred his eyes the little lights and black bramble mixed with that of the night sky above.

He stopped spacing out when Samedi leaned down, letting a front claw rest on the ground to support her thick body. He made direct, almost uncomfortable eye contact that she was one of few that could bear it. "Since it's a special occasion and we need your eyes you get one of these too." He looked at what she offered, coffee. His ears flapped in surprise, but he grabbed the cup and and took a deep inhale. His whole body jerked with a sudden revival. "Thank you so, so, much I was so worried I would miss the comet's passing! I haven't travled since I got to Vindur and I was just a kid, so flying this far felt like a whole night's work already-"

Samedi cut him off with a heavy pat on his head. "Just don't drink it all in one go. You'll get sick then it'll be for nothing." There was a quiet threat in her tone like always.

"Yes ma'am!" he yelled, going from coils on the ground to fully straightened out in one move. Samedi rose back up onto her hind legs, wiping her hands together, one eye swiveling to look past their spot. "I think someone is coming. Robert you deal with them, okay." Hearing those words, the giant imperial that served with them looked up and shuffled from where she lay to a new spot to best use her body as a barrier between the telescope site and any other persons.

Robert carefully sipped his coffee and set it down, before zipping up and over the imperial's body with new energy. His own starry body clipped into that of the slowly darkening night sky. Once over he darted forward to find the visitor.

[If anything's off or you don't like it lemme know so I can edit]

khalyeezy

Back to top Go down

Closed to KingOfEli Empty Re: Closed to KingOfEli

Post by kingofeli Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Despite the fact that he'd been warned by his father to keep out of their affairs, Viva had been much too interested in these newcomers to the lair to simply leave them alone. The curious little Fae had trailed behind the three new dragons as they made their way to where they had set their gear up.

Settling himself down in a bush to watch them, Viva's wide eyes grew even wider when he looked at them and saw their equipment. All of the dragons were much larger than them, and the compact telescope they'd brought was huge in his eyes. It was that time of night where everything was finally dark, the stars were shining bright in the sky, and the bio-luminescent plant growth had begun to glow. This was Viva's favorite time of night, and seemed perfect for skywatching.

Of course, he wasn't interested so much in watching the sky and stars as he was in watching the starry-pelted Spiral who sat with the other two dragons.

Leaning over the bush a bit so that he could get a better look, Viva let out a little gasp as he slipped, a twig breaking loudly below him. Cursing softly at having his cover blown, he ducked back into the bush, listening carefully to the other dragons' conversation. Dammit. It sounded like they'd noticed his slip-up too, by the sound of it. Crouching lower to the ground, Viva hoped that they wouldn't find him, eyes still focused intently on the three visitors.

kingofeli
Admin

https://flightrisingrphub.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by khalyeezy Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Robert slinked about the ground, head swinging slowly from side to side to try and find who Samedi referred to. He looked back at her for help, but she was preoccupied again. His impatience flared and he started to dart about the edges of the open area, tail whipping about behind him. He stuffed his head into the bramble edges with each dart forward. If he had to keep doing this he'd end up with a lot of scratches he internally bemoaned. But more important than that he had to finish the task assigned or Samedi would just send him back and not let him watch with them.

khalyeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofeli Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:23 am

As he was going to move away, Viva tripped and stumbled over the brambles again, then barreled full-force into the starry Spiral. Now seeing stars himself, Viva gave a flat cry in response to the connection, before falling backwards and looking at the Spiral with wide eyes.

"Oh, geez--I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to intrude!" He squeaked out in apology.

kingofeli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khalyeezy Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:08 am

"Aha!" he shouted, twisting closer. "What do you mean intruding? Are you not a member of this territory?" He didn't keep close with any of the fae's back home, he'd forgotten just how tiny they were. Not that he was all that large next to the rest of the team.

khalyeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofeli Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:07 pm

"Er, well, I do live here, I meant--I'm not really supposed to be watching you so, uh--" His eyes darted around nervously as he wrung his hands, then twisted them into his scarf. "I'll leave if you need me to, I just wanted to uh--watch you guys?"

kingofeli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khalyeezy Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:18 pm

"Watch us? Why watch us when you could watch the night sky!" He made a wild gesture upwards. "A comet seen for but a few moments a few hundred years ago by previous astronomers at our station is due to pass again! And at this vantage point on our planet it will be fully visible!" His mouth ran off on the comet and he coiled up tightly only to pop unsprung again. "So let's go then, Samedi's probably finished calibrating by now."

khalyeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofeli Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:39 pm

"Wait, do you mean I can come with you?" Viva lifted his frills excitedly, a small smile making its way across his face as he hopped excitedly after the Spiral. While he wasn't so much interested in whatever the other had been talking about, he did want to get the chance to be close to him and figure out what it was they were doing. "Or--uh--you gonna send me home?"

kingofeli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khalyeezy Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:34 am

"We are your guests. You're free to be where you will in your territory. I think just don't get talk to the rest of them. Samedi is- terse," he said slowly, clearly picking as gentle a term as possible, "And the other two are just plain quiet." Robert scampered back towards the site, checking that the fae was coming along.

khalyeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofeli Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:10 pm

"Uh...okay." He was right about it being his territory, and therefore he did have the right to be there. Picking up the pace so that he was just beside him, Viva asked, "Why exactly is this comet thing so special, anyway?"

kingofeli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khalyeezy Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:51 am

Green eyes turned up to the sky, Robert sighed dreamily. "You could say its special for any number of things, its rarity, its beauty, its scientific value. Even the mystery of what this thing that circles distances farther than any dragon has roamed holds on its surface." He slowed once they came up on the site. "Do you care about star gazing?"

khalyeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofeli Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Viva, too, started to slow down as Robert did, his wings dulling to a small flutter. He gave a shrug in response to his question. "Well, kind of. I know a lot of stuff about a lot of different things, since I usually learn all about a certain topic if someone I like enjoys it..." There was a reason why the Clan called him the walking encyclopedia.

kingofeli
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down